Sociology = Crapology?
One of the electives I took this semester was to be a sub from the Econs Department since there aren't any subjects I could take in Psych department.... So I were to choose from Statistics, Micro-econs, Macro-econs, and Sociology.... You don't even need to think to be able to guess what I chose rite?
Initially I tot Sociology would be a study about Individuals in Society la breaking the word down... It was the most obvious understanding rite? Oh, the excitement just got started... XD
Didn't really manage to remember much from the first 3 hours of lecture... But the highlight of the day was these few statements which were also the reason why I cant really bother to remember the lecture! XD
The basic rules of Sociology:
1 + 1 = 2 --------------> Wrong! 1 + 1 don't always end up 2.
H20 = water -----------> Wrong! Water don't always come from that combination.
Everyone in class was like... errrr... woot? O.o
Argument for above statement:
1.
"It has always been 1 + 1 = 2... But if since the very begining the answer was 2, until now its still 2, it would simply means that Mathematics didn't went far right?
Why a friend of mine is taking his Socio PhD now and his thesis topic was about "Why 1 + 1 is not 2?" And he will get his PhD if he can prove that!"
2.
"Same goes with H20, It might not have been proven yet, but how sure are you that only H20 could produce water? They might be other combinations that could produce the same thing!"
"Scientific studies usually come out with a theory and do research trying to prove their theories right and thus apply it to the public; but Sociology comes out with theories and try all they can to proof them wrong, if their theories aren't proven wrong, that only means there's nothing new to learn" (More like defying every single scientific fact that has ever existed, if you could argue the fact that 1 + 1 ain't 2... Den what cant you argue with?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oooookkaaaayyy~
Talk about philosophical... XD
Other interesting questions are as such:-
-How sure are you that the stars in the skies are like the Sun in our galaxy which could generate their own heat& light and not reflecting our Sun's light? Have you ever went out there to touch the stars and feel that heat and seen the light yourself?
-How sure are you that plants uses photosyntesis? Research has proven? How sure are you that the research was accurate?
OH welll.......... Its way too deep for me puny lil brain! I got a migrain just 15min into the lecture man! XD haha... Zach suggested that they should really change the subject name to Crapology instead man.. You just hafta do contradicting arguments of proven facts, and you'll score in Sociology!
But then again, how sure am I that Zach actually exist? Do I even exist at the first place? Well, I wouldn't be thinking like this if i'm not rite? Den again? Am I really thinking? hmmmm... XP
14 September 2008
Dreamt by Jack Jack around 5:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 Stardust:
Post a Comment