29 January 2007


A "Treasure" yet to be discovered.

A quite famous local vocal teacher came over to church last Saturday for a vocal training session... And some of the people got the privillage to stand out and sing to let her give comments and teach us a thing or two to improve ourself...
I used to be kinda confident with my voice and vocal skills.. Always loved singing!! Still am!! But after a few times of being rejected ( no news from the audition for national choir, remained unnoticed despite the effort I put in on training my singing) I told myself that I might not have the talent after all.... Since then, I feel kinda inferior towards my singing... And since I'm not making use of it in church because people tend to appreciate my keyboard skills more... I slowly began to neglect my singing. But nonetheless I took the initiative to step out and sing in front of the teacher, guess I wanted to know whether I'm still have what it takes to be a vocalist becoz my passion is still there, just supressed.... After I sang, to my own amazed... The opinion of the vocal teacher wasn't as expected.
"You are a treasure to the vocal industry, just that you are yet to be discovered" said the vocal teacher.
"You are gifted with something which all tenors wished and really work hard to get"

Always thinking that my key range was more to the barritone - bass side... causing me to really pull my voice , supressing my voice towards that path... Which ironically turned out to be a "DRAMATIC TENOR" -- a.k.a Pavarotti's key range.

"Your gift of broad shoulders enable you to not only sing in a high key range, but as well as in low key range till a barritone bass"
That is what many tenors dream of having, but God has given me such a gift...

"You have a very powerful and beautiful voice. You are pretty well qualify to even persue your dreams to sing Italian" she said after I've shared my dream to her.
"If you are guided and professionally trained, not only you can go for vocal exam, you can even be eligable to join competition" These comments suddenly renewed my passion and confidence that were suppressed within me.. I hope I can really pursue my dreams in this path. Thank you God for giving such a wonderful blessing!!

0 Stardust: